I love digital marketing just because it involves SEO.
SEO marketing is considered as one of the best skills that you can learn in digital marketing.
Because other forms of marketing like email marketing, FB ads, and paid advertising in general are very simple and straight forward skills to learn.
Reason being if you get stuck somewhere you can refer tutorials or help documents that those platforms provide.
But SEO you have to learn and practice on your own to perfect this art.
Google does not tell you why certain sites are ranking higher than the other in search engine results.
So if you want to be successful in this industry and pass all the obstacles that google’s algorithms throws at you then you need to search like the engine itself.
One thing that will surely help is using SEO tools which will make your job a lot easier.
I have been using SEO tools since I started blogging.
I cam across several tools, but here are my top 5 SEO tools I recommend to make your daily marketing related tasks easier.
This is a premium SEO tool which is mainly use to perform keyword research.
Other tasks that you can use this tool to do are competitor keyword analysis, discover new backlink building opportunities, full fledged SEO audit of your site and much more.
If you have setup paid advertising then you can use SEMrush to track your advertising.
It also helps you to track your domain position in search engines and makes content marketing easier.
On thing you need when you join SEMrush is give it some time and go through all the features it offers.
You will then understand how powerful it is and how you can use it exactly to grow your business.
This software offers 3 pricing plan for its users.
Pricing depends on the features that you signup for.
They also offer a risk-free 14 day trial.
- Pro Plan: $99.95 per month
- Guru Plan: $199.95 per month
- Business Plan: $399.95 per month
Pro’s of SEMrush:
- SEMrush offers the best SEO metrics interface which is not only innovative but also detailed.
- It updates its data on a very frequent basis.
- Your site ranking which is connected to SEMrush is very easy to analyze and know how your site is doing.
- It has mad competitor analysis extremely flexible and easy.
- If you want to get activity notifications, then SEMrush allows you to set it up.
Con’s of SEMrush:
- If you want to analyze backlinks then SEMrush is not the tool that I would suggest.
- At times there are some data irregularities.
If there is one SEO tool that has the largest data of backlinks then its surely Ahrefs.
It is considered as on of the best competitor analysis tool when it comes to keywords and backlinks.
Ahrefs offer a 7-day Trial for 7 days.
- Lite: $99 per month
- Standard: $179 per month
- Advanced: $399 per month
- Agency: $999 per month
Pro’s of Ahrefs:
- It helps to analyze your competitors.
- It helps you to separate high as well as low quality backlinks which saves a lot of time when your are planning outreach.
- It has one of the biggest data sets and the update frequency is very high. So you will get up to date data.
Con’s of Ahrefs:
- Its very expensive and not for someone on tight budget.
Serpstat specializes in the following categories:
Pay per click, content marketing, in-depth search analytics, etc.
If you have competitors which you want to surpass then you can use this tool to do that.
Serpstat has the most flexible plans according to me. It not only offers you a free trial but also lets you choose from 4 different plans.
- Lite: $69 per month
- Standard: $149 per month
- Advanced: $299 per month
- Enterprise: $499 per month
Pro’s of Serpstat:
- If you want to find out keyword data for multiple sites, then it helps you to do that.
- Provides good enough backlink data that you can use.
- The best feature of Serpstat is rank tracking.
Con’s of Serpstat:
- Its lite plan provides with basic and limited data.
If you want to really improve your search engine visibility which will obviously improve your ranking then you should checkout Moz Pro SEO tool.
It uses authoritative metrics when it comes to analyzing Pages as well as Domains.
Which as a result provides you much more accurate data that you can use.
Moz Pro Pricing:
- Standard: $99 per month and $79 per month if paid annually
- Medium: $149 per month and $119 per month if paid annually
- Large: $249 per month and $199 per month if paid annually
- Premium: $599 per month and $479 per month if paid annually
Pro’s of Moz Pro:
- Accurate competitive analysis with top notch rank tracker.
- Easy to use keyword research app.
Con’s of Moz Pro:
- Only US metrics can be seen
- It’s database is comparatively smaller than other SEO tools.
This a unique SEO tool.
Because it is completely cloud based SEO tool.
But make no mistake, it offers a lot of valuable information right from high profitability keywords and competitor ads.
Spyfu give you the freedom to plan your marketing strategies in advance.
- Basic: $39 per month or $33 per month if billed annually
- Professional: $79 per month or $58 per month if billed annually
- Team: $299 per month or $199 per month if billed annually
Pro’s of Spyfu:
- If you want your overall data in one place then checkout Spyfu.
- Easy and quick access to data about Pay per click and keywords.
- User Friendly Interface.
Con’s of Spyfu:
- Limited keyword research data to offer.
- Database is not up to date.
- If you want to export data then it is not easy.
If you want to succeed in your marketing career then SEO is one of the most significant skill that you need to master.
Because this is what will bring you organic traffic, which means free leads and thus higher ROI in your business.
Organic traffic has been the highest conversion rate source for me in my blogging career.