Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can be confusing and seem to be difficult for new bloggers.
But today SEO plugins have made it easy even for beginners to do SEO for their website. Which helps to boost your website traffic.
SEO plugins provide with you with lot of tools and extraordinary features, some of them include website sitemaps, SEO audit of your site, content insights which helps to optimize your site.
In this post I have shared seven SEO plugins for wordpress, so please make sure to read the complete post and find out which one suits you the best.
All these plugins not only help to improve your engagement and but also increase website traffic.
SEO Plugins For WordPress
If you are a SEO geek and are looking for full fledged toolkit to optimize your sites even better then you should consider checking out AIOSEO plugin.
All In One SEO plugin has over 2 million active users and offers some of the most powerful features out there.
Even if you are aware of other SEO plugins out there, AIOSEO plugin has a really simple UI and makes it extremely easy to setup data and integrate with your social media platforms.
Here are some great features of AIOSEO plugin:
- Custom User Roles for SEO
- Step by Step SEO Audit Checklist
- Website XML Sitemaps
- Customer Friendly 24/7 Support
One of the features that I really like is that you get an option to optimize your website page with TruSEO score, where with just a click of a button you get an in-depth analysis of your website.
- Basic: 99$ per year (1 site)
- Plus: 199$ per year (3 sites)
- Pro: 399$ per year (10 sites)
- Elite: 599$ per year (100 sites)
Unfortunately AIOSEO does not offer a trial, but it does offer a 14-day money back guarantee for all plans.
Yoast SEO plugin is considered to be one of the best SEO plugins for page analysis.
The best features of this plugin are high-performing keyword research and automatic keyword optimization it saves a lot of time that you would have put in to manual keyword research.
These features really work well and help you to increase your website traffic and visitor engagement.
Yoast offers academy courses too for those who want to become expert in SEO industry.
If you enroll in this course you will be given professional training.
Some of the best features of Yoast SEO plugin:
- In-depth Content Insights
- Free Support Forum For Users
- Premium 24/7 Support
- Provides Seamless Social Media Integration
Yoast SEO Pricing:
- Free Option (Includes free access to SEO courses, 10 queries a day etc.)
- Premium: $89 per year (1 site license) keyword export, zapier and elementor integration, in-depth content insights.
If you are a large enterprise you can save upto 50% by purchasing Yoast SEO Plugin license of 150 sites.
3. SEMrush [*Recommended]
A lot of businesses out there use SEMrush on a daily basis for their every day SEO related tasks and projects.
But what makes SEMrush so special is its keyword research feature.
SEMrush has won multiple awards for data and strategy features.
SEMrush plugin is considered to be a perfect fit if you really want to increase your productivity.
SEMrush offers with various options with marketing let it be content marketing, PPC or social media marketing.
This plugin helps you to discover over millions of keywords with no limit on in-depth analysis.
SEMrush not only helps with keyword research but also analyzes your domain’s backilnks so that you can track the growth of your site.
These are the six main keyword research tools that SEMrush provides:
- Keyword Overview: It helps you to find out not only value but also competition of any keyword or long tail form of it.
- Organic Keyword Research: It provides you the data of keywords that your competitor is ranking for.
- Keyword Magic Tool: This tool has a database of whooping 20 billion keywords.
- Keyword Gap: See how a keyword is performing compared to your competitor.
- Keyword Manager: This tool helps you to view changes in up to 1000 keywords and that too in real time.
- Organic Traffic Insights: You can discover keywords that Google Analytics does not show you and lot of other data.
SEMrush SEO Plugin Pricing: (If paid annually)
- Pro Plan: $99.95 per month
- Guru Plan: $191.62 per month
- Business Plan: $374.95 per month
You also get Free Trial of 14 days to try out SEMrush. Click Here to start your free trial.
SEOPress is considered as one of the best SEO plugins for beginners.
If you are a complete newbie and are not sure which plugin you should go for, then I personally recommend SEOpress.
It offers an installation wizard which is very simple and it helps you to easily set up your data.
It is extremely easy to use and super fast.
What makes SEOpress a favourite for beginners is that even its free plan not only offers you unlimited keywords but also content analysis.
The features that I like about SEOpress are:
- It provides you with Twitter card to improve your social sharing
- You can make use of it’s video and image sitemaps to improve your rankings
- It also offers you to rewrite a URL via customization
- If offers Google Knowledge Graph
- Can set up Meta Title/Description to save your valuable time
- Free Plan: Use on Unlimited sites and basic SEO tools
- Pro Plan: $39 per year (Use on unlimited sites, all features, 1 year support and updates)
SEOpress too offers a 14-Day Money back guarantee like All In One SEO plugin.
If you do not want to spend any money on SEO plugins and just want a simple tool for basic maintenance, just opt for Google Search Console.
Google search console is best known to track your website performance in google search engine results.
The features I like about Google Search Console:
- Track your website performance and traffic
- Helps you to optimize your content with great search analytics
- Get notified via email whenever there is an issue with your website
- You can submit your sitemaps for scrolling
- You get in-depth data to know how google is viewing your pages
Google Search Console is completely free to use and you can set it up by just using your domain or URL prefix.
Ahrefs is yet another SEO tool for techies who need that all in one statistics and performance analysis.
Ahrefs is best known for in-depth competitor analysis regarding marketing and content strategies.
With the help of this tool you can analyze and track not only organic keyword but also each and every backlink of any website you want.
It shows a lot of data including what keywords is your competitor ranking for, which websites are linking back to that site, and whether it was direct or paid traffic.
Apart from competitor analysis, it also offers a content explorer tool which shows you data of how your pages are performing and the click they are getting overtime.
These features really help you to learn your audience behaviour and you can then create content accordingly.
Top features of Ahrefs:
- Batch Analysis
- Domain Comparison
- Rank Tracker
- Site Audit
- Notifications on any lost backlinks, keywords and mentions.
- Lite Plan: $99 per month (1 user and unlimited projects)
- Standard Plan: $179 per month (1 user)
- Advanced Plan: $399 per month (3 users)
- Agency Plan: $999 per month (5 users)
Ahrefs is a bit expensive. But it offers you a 7 day trial for $7.
7. Schema Pro
If you are not that familiar with plugins and tech in general then Schema Pro would be a perfect fit for you.
Schema pro provides you a very simple interface so that you can navigate through its features with ease.
One of the best features of Schema Pro is its google markup where it tell you how your pages should look and work on search engines.
This tool makes it easy for google to understand the content of your wordpress site.
The big benefit for saving time is that this tool allows you to map schema to individual pages all at once and hence saves time which you spend manually to do one by one.
Some top features of schema pro are:
- JSON-LD Implementation
- Highly Optimized Google Code
- Automatically Applied Markup Configurations
- Helps to Increase CTR Ratings and Votes
- All Post Types Function
Schema Pro Pricing:
- Schema Pro Plan: $79 per year
- Agency Bundle Plan: $249 per year
Schema Pro also offers a lifetime plan option where you have to only pay once and can save you 20-30%.